The Kurandza team is hiring an awesome virtual assistant!
The Role: We’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Virtual Assistant who will provide administrative and logistical support to Kurandza’s Founder, Elisabetta. This person will be able to successfully work alongside Elisabetta and her team in Mozambique, as well as be strongly self-motivated and able to get work done without close supervision. If this sounds like you and you have a desire to make a positive impact in the world, and are easy and fun to work with, then we’re looking for you!
Our dream VA will have a love for making a difference, is a self-starter with a high attention to detail, is an excellent communicator, and enjoys connecting with people both online and in person. This is a part-time position starting with a few hours each week and the possibility of growth.
- Edit, upload, and send newsletters via MailChimp
- Edit, upload, and publish blog posts via Squarespace
- Assist with event planning, correspondence, and logistics
- Create templates, spreadsheets, reports, and presentations
- Social media engagement
- Create graphics using Canva
- Set up email auto-responder sequence
- Create, update and organize systems
- Schedule appointments and travel
- Assist with customer service and donor inquiries
- Update and maintain website pages
- Participate in Quarterly Planning and provide accountability
- Pitch partnerships
- Additional tasks and projects as needed
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in writing and editing for landing pages, email marketing and social media
- Experience with the following: MailChimp, Squarespace, Canva, Trello/Asana/Dubsado, Calendly
- Fast learner and a self-starter
- Ability to balance working independently and being part of a team
- Flexible because Elisabetta travels and is always on different time zones
- Knowledgeable about copy that converts
- Great communicator (oral and written)
- Interested in making a positive impact on the world!
- Experience working in developing countries or for a social good/conscious company is a plus!
- Already has a strong community of purpose-driven women is a plus!
Kurandza is a grassroots social enterprise non-profit that uses education and entrepreneurship to empower girls and women in eastern Africa to become leaders in their communities. Kurandza has a yearly #IStandForGirls campaign aimed at creating educational scholarships for girls in Mozambique, and also runs several community development initiatives including a sewing cooperative, nutrition program, and entrepreneurship trainings. www.kurandza.org
Elisabetta is a social entrepreneur who started Kurandza after serving in the Peace Corps in Mozambique for three years. When she’s not at her home-base in the SF Bay Area, she is living the location-independent life traveling the world. She’s an INFJ/ENFJ. She loves chocolate, green juice, and 2pac! Her favorite things to do in her free-time are yoga, exploring nature, and learning new languages. Elisabetta also runs the Global Dream Collective, a community and resource for women change-makers.
Please send an email with "VA Application" by Monday, November 13th, 2017 to email@example.com with the following:
- Attached copy of your resume or your LinkedIn profile.
- Links to your Instagram and website.
- Responses to the questions below:
Why do you want to work with Kurandza?
What are your favorite common VA tasks/activities that really light you up?
Who are your top 3 favorite influencers?
Are you a perfectionist? Explain.
Which countries have you been to?
What is your availability for working with Kurandza?
What are your rates?
Tell me 3 fun facts about you!
Deadline: Monday, November 13th, 2017