Kurandza's EMPOWERMENT TRIP
Mozambique + South Africa
Experience a trip of a lifetime full of adventure, connection, and impact! Meet Kurandza students, visit their community, learn how women’s empowerment and education changes lives, and then teach your skills and knowledge to these girls through our Empowerment Workshop. The trip includes a couple days in in Maputo, Mozambique's capital as well as several days in Guijá, one of the small villages where we lead our programs, and lastly in South Africa for a 2-day Safari. Our Empowerment Trip is built around fostering connections between our supporters and the inspiring girls and their families of our community in Mozambique.
- 9 nights stay
- 3 meals each day (in restaurants and by our cook)
- Airport pickup
- Local sim card with 5 GB internet
- City tour of Maputo, Mozambique's capital
- 2-day Safari in South Africa
- Day trip to the beach
- Experience teaching workshops to the girls in our village
- Visit to our artisan cooperative
- In-country orientation
- Local language (Portuguese + Changana) training
- Donation to our leadership academy and girls education program
- Professional photography to document the trip
Not included: Airfare, visa, vaccinations and medication
Come visit our community in Mozambique for an experience of a lifetime! You will have the opportunity to use your skills for good, teaching our girls about leadership, life skills, mindfulness, art, and other creative pursuits!
1. Create a cultural exchange with our girls and teach them skills that they would not have the opportunity to learn otherwise.
2. Donate directly to our Girls Education Program, which allows more girls to participate in our workshops and events, and which provides scholarships to orphaned and vulnerable girls.
3. Become an ambassador for change. After this experience, you will have a new outlook on life and will touch so many people just by sharing this experience with them!
Meet Your Guides: Elisabetta & Percina
Elisabetta has worked with several non-profit organizations and NGOs, and served in the Peace Corps in Mozambique for 3 years before founding Kurandza. She now runs Kurandza while mentoring purpose-driven women to create their own socially-minded business endeavors through the Global Dream Collective. She speaks Portuguese fluently and also speaks conversational Changana. Learn more about Elisabetta here.
Percina is a local to the village where we work in Mozambique and is also Kurandza's Country Director. She grew up in Maputo, Mozambique's capital, and has connections in all the locations where we will be visiting. She is a natural leader and loves being around people! She will make you laugh and will inspire you throughout the trip. Learn more about Percina here.
Who is this for...
- Purpose-driven women who are looking to make a difference in the world!
- Women who love travel, adventure, and experiencing different cultures.
- Women leaders, entrepreneurs, and creatives who have skills and knowledge to share with the girls and women in our community.
- Kurandza supporters who want to see first hand how they have made an impact in the lives of women and girls in our village!
- Women who are adaptable, understanding, respectful, and accepting of other ways of life.
*First priority goes to the women who are already partnering with Kurandza via a sponsorship, giveback partnership, or press feature.
Can't wait to share this beautiful country with you!
For all questions, e-mail Elisabetta at email@example.com