After our first #IStandForGirls Campaign in 2017, we launched a girls education program with the goal of empowering and equipping girls with skills and knowledge that will help them lead healthy and fulfilling lives. Our amazing community provides scholarships to over 100 girls in Mozambique, and all are enrolled in our holistic education program where our trained educators teach about self-esteem, health, and leadership, they participate in extracurricular activities like sports and art, and have access to after-school tutoring.
In rural Mozambique, graduation from High School, let alone elementary school is a far away dream for many young girls. With school fees, transportation costs, and other school-related expenses for uniforms, backpacks, and books, the majority of parents are unable to keep their girls in school. Many girls drop out and their only option is to get married.
- We have enrolled over 100 girls in school...
- ...and we have enrolled 5 boys (boys matter too!) in school
- We have employed 10 people through our education program
- We have taught over 32 health workshops
- We have provided over 100 hours of after-school tutoring to our students
- We have provided backpacks and school supplies to 105 students